On Monday I was invited to present a workshop on Mindful Ageing at Rockingham Central Library for Seniors week. It was a wonderful morning with a very interactive and vibrant group of older people and many aged care students. It was an honour to share some of the most powerful lifelong ideas to optimise your wellbeing to live a longer life. Supporting all aspects of your whole being, at any age.
Many thanks to those beautiful people who came along on Monday, I appreciate the great connections, sharing and questions. It was fun discovering those things you wanted support with, in regards to Mindful Ageing. With love Amanda
Top tips to optimise your wellbeing to live longer, the surprise is that they are found in the everyday things we can do:
Create Meaningful connections – self, family, friend and community
- Self- care, nurturing and love, click to find out about my latest Rejuvenation Retreats
- Identify your inner circles – be with people who value, care, like and uplift you and reinforce good habits
- Create time together 30 mins a day with your inner circle
- Create Meaningful connections – self, family, friend and community
- Loved ones First, Make family a priority
Slow down, Take time to relieve stress
- Reducing Stressors – physical, emotional, mental and environmental
- Strengthening a person’s ability to deal with Stress.
- Reduce the noise – electronic entertainment feeds mental chatter
- Meditate 15 mins a day
- Six simple steps to stress relief, register to download my e-book ” Women’s Secret Handbook to Stress Relief.” Support, spaciousness, create, appreciation, inspired, transformed.
Include the following foods
- Green tea – 3-4 cups per day
- Blueberries – 50-100 grams per day
- All fruits and vegetable – 4-6 serves per day, at least 2 at each meal
- Resveratrol – red wine, grape skins no more than 150 mls red wine per day
- Lecithin 1 tablespoon per day
- Omega 3 fats – mackerel, herring, sardines, anchovies, salmon, trout ( eat 100g of oily fish 3 times a week), flaxseeds and walnut oil.
- Drink plenty of filtered water, with a squeeze lemon juice.
- Legumes – lentils, chickpeas, butter beans, soya
- Eat nuts everyday – almonds, walnuts, cashews
- Tahinni ( sesame seeds) – 1tsp per day
Movement –whatever you enjoy and can easily do often.
- Weight bearing exercise – counters osteoporosis.
- Yoga – relaxation, clarity of mind and energy
- Tai Chi – vitality generating exercise
- Walking anywhere especially beautiful near nature – beach, river, hills.
- Aerobic exercise (cycling, swimming, dancing) – oxygenate brain, raise endorphins
- Have fun. Keep moving
- Make a date with a friend
- Plant a garden
Find your meaning and purpose in your life now?
- Why do you wake up in the morning?
- Have fun enjoying that in your every day life.
Belong – Participate in a spiritual community
- Faith in something bigger than yourself.
Start slowly, one step at a time. Before starting any new exercise, lifestyle or dietary changes check with your health professional first. Especially if you are on medication or have an existing disease.