6 Simple Ideas to Support Women who struggle to Meditate Daily.
Yesterday a client told me that she doesn’t meditate because she tried and found it too hard.
I have lost count of the number of women who have told me this over the years. So this morning I emailed her some ideas to support her meditation practise.
My beautiful herbal garden, where I sit to meditate.
My special place to do yoga and lay down for meditation after.
Here are some of the struggles that women have had to meditate daily:
- Not being able to find the time in their day to fit it in.
- Unable to stop thinking about all the things they still need to do.
- They don’t like sitting.
- Feeling irritated at being still.
- They can’t sit crossed legged in silence for an hour. (The great news is that you don’t have to)
So here are a few ideas that have helped me meditate daily:
- Create some special time to meditate daily – Think about a good time for you and create an appointment with yourself in your calendar. I find early morning is my favourite time.
- Create a special space to meditate. I sit in my herb garden, being in nature brings a lovely peace even before I get started. For those that prefer to lie down I suggest under a tree on the grass, if possible. It is perfectly fine to sit or lie down, as long as your spine is straight.
- It is very common for those of us who are busy, stressed or overthink to feel irritated at being still and stop thinking. Which is exactly why meditation is perfect to help us calm our body and bring peace to our minds. The best news is YOU WILL HAVE THOUGHTS and that is completely NORMAL . The trick is to OBSERVE your thoughts without judgement and allow them to be, bring your focus back to your breath. As that thought floats away and another arrives observe it and bring your focus back to your breath.
- The great news is that many studies have shown that you only need 20 minutes a day for a few weeks to start to see the benefits. So start slowly even 1 minute a day and increase to 5 minutes over time and before you know it 20 minutes a day will be a breeze.
- Be kind and gentle with yourself as you are learning a new skill of being in the moment. Keep practising daily. Before you know it it will become a daily habit with sooooo many amazing benefits.
- Meditation is a loving gift to yourself, may you grow to enjoy every moment.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
With love Amanda xx