7 Top Tips to Support your Immune System
1. Eat a variety of colourful (think rainbow) organic plant foods loaded with phyto nutrients for vitality and immune support. Mushrooms especially -Cordyceps, Coriolus and Reishi that specifically target virally-infected cells, often the cause of those winter colds and flus. They help restore a healthy functioning immune system. Add them to a pot of chicken soup, my favourite.
2. Increase foods these foods to reduce the severity and duration of the infection. They can also be used to boost the immune function.
Blackcurrants, guava, Blackberry, red chilli peppers, red capsicum, strawberries, citrus fruit, parsley,broccoli, rock melon, cabbage, cauliflower
Oysters, Nuts- Brazil, almonds, cashews, pecans, walnut, chicken, duck, turkey, tomatoes, eggs, tahini, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, garlic, green peas, parsley, spinach and mushrooms
Carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, mangoes, peaches and rock melon
3. Reduce as much stress as you can in your life and find ways to self soothe if you are feeling anxious. This can indirectly support your immune system.
4.Try a hot fresh lemon and honey drink with ginger. Thyme tea with honey to soothe a sore throat.
5. Drink plenty of water, a minimum of six glasses per day, and avoid excessive alcohol, sugar and caffeine.
6. Get a good night’s sleep. Take time to REST and RELAX.
7. Wash you hands regularly, cover your mouth when coughing and wipe down door handles, and surfaces to reduce the risk of spreading the infection.
It is important to check with a health professional and your doctor before making any changes to your diet and lifestyle.