It is amazing how quickly stress builds up and before we know it we are paralyzed in overwhelm. We literally get stuck and can’t be bothered doing anything.
Netflix is calling!
It can be very debilitating and we forget the tools we have to get ourselves out of feeling stuck.
So here are some effective and practical ways to calm yourself down quickly:
- Mindful Breathing – sounds too easy, it really is. The aim is to bring our attention to our breath. Notice how it feels and sounds. As your minds wanders bring your focus back to the breath. Count 4 breaths in and 6 breaths out.
- Stop, lie on the floor with you feet up against a wall and breathe.
- If you are feeling anxious Breathe in for 4 counts, pause for 2, and breathe out for 6. Helps to regulate our nervous system.
- Stay hydrated and drink some water.
- Look around the room, your surrounds (360 degrees) and focus on your senses. Sit comfortably and take a deep breath. Slowly look around the room and notice colours, objects, shapes and sounds. Decreases panic attacks, anxiety and regulates your nervous system.
- Gentle self touch. Place your hands on your heart, hug yourself, rub your legs and touch your face. Great if you are feeling stressed and anxious.
If the constant demands of life causes you to feel overwhelmed, stuck and not motivated.
What you really want is a simple way to discharge the stress from your body and gain clarity so you can enjoy doing the things you love easily and to help others.
I can help you do just that.
Join me on zoom or in person if you live in Perth WA for a 1 hour 1:1 Bodytalk session for just $130