What is a Stress Response?
Its a combination of the activation;
Hypothalamus, Pituitary Adrenal axis (HPA) & Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS)
Deactivating the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS).
In simple words triggering the Fight/Flight/Freeze response.
You know the feeling;
- Heart racing
- Blood pressure and heart rate high
- Wired, anxious and on high alert
- Tight chest, breathlessness.
- Tummy tense
What is a Relaxation response?
Easy the body naturally getting back into balance, deactivating HPA,SNS and activating the PNS( rest & digest)
Allow rest to restore and recuperate from the harmful effects of stress,
- Reduce heart rate, BP, slow breathing,
- Regain a natural ability to cope with stress,
- Reduces Limbic system arousal ( process our emotions),
- Relaxed wakefulness and awareness,
- Improves immune, digestion, concentration, thought processes and creativity.
- Relaxes muscle tension
- Regulates stress response.
5 Easy Ways to create a relaxation response in your Body
- Meditation – grounding
- Mindfulness meditation – walking, breathing
- Love, trust ,expecting good
- Being in Nature
- Heart centred process
To go a little deeper join us for “Stress Less – Love More The secret to feeling calm and energised 4 week program. It is designed to support you and integrate new daily tools, techniques and meditations that allows you to feel calm and energised.