5 easy ways to shift from Stress response into Relaxation response.
What is a Stress Response?
Its a combination of the activation;
Hypothalamus, Pituitary Adrenal axis (HPA) & Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS)
Deactivating the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS).
In simple words triggering the Fight/Flight/Freeze response.
You know the feeling;
- Heart racing
- Blood pressure and heart rate high
- Wired, anxious and on high alert
- Tight chest, breathlessness.
- Tummy tense
What is a Relaxation response?
Easy the body naturally getting back into balance, deactivating HPA,SNS and activating the PNS( rest & digest)
Allow rest to restore and recuperate from the harmful effects of stress,
- Reduce heart rate, BP, slow breathing,
- Regain a natural ability to cope with stress,
- Reduces Limbic system arousal ( process our emotions),
- Relaxed wakefulness and awareness,
- Improves immune, digestion, concentration, thought processes and creativity.
- Relaxes muscle tension
- Regulates stress response.
5 Easy Ways to create a relaxation response in your Body
Meditation – grounding
Mindfulness meditation – walking, breathing
Love, trust ,expecting good
Being in Nature
Heart centres process
I have so many more ways to relax the body and bring it back into balance with Bodytalk, Reiki and herbs to calm the nervous system, Naturopathy.
Round 3 of my signature 4-week online course Release Stress, Reconnect, Restore Balance which starts on Monday 9th September, 2019. It is designed to support you to learn and integrate into your daily lives new tools, techniques and meditations that shift you into the relaxation response